On 9/9/9, Anonymous internationally announced a “war” on the Australian Government over the proposed Internet Censorship plans spearheaded by Senator Stephen Conroy.
This was announced via an Internet Video on YouTube
Part of the actions proposed in this war includes a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack against Australian Government websites.
This has been reported at the Herald Sun.
ANONSA WOULD LIKE TO MAKE IT CLEAR THAT WE DO NOT SUPPORT THE DDOS OR ANY OTHER ILLEGAL ACTIONS.
As we always have, We do NOT support or condone any illegal activities against the Australian Government (or the Church of Scientology). We encourage peaceful, legal action only.
We would like to encourage Anonymous and members of the Australian Public to take action against the Australian Governmentâ€”peacefully and legally. You do not need to identify as “Anonymous” or wear the Guy Fawkes mask to participate.
We are looking for as many people as possible to:
- Send a letter to your Minister about the Proposed Internet Censorship
- Send a letter to Senator Stephen Conroy.
- Talk to everyone about Internet Censorship. Put it on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, forums, talk to your friends, your family, and your cat.
- Make posters (and share them here) and put them on Community Noticeboards or anywhere you can get attention
- Phone Senator Stephen Conroy’s office about the Censorship
- Phone your Minister about the Censorship
- Send faxes to Ministers about the Censorship
- Phone talk-back radio about the Censorship
- Contact local television stations about the Censorship
- Write letters to the Editor of your local Newspaper about the Censorship…
In short, tell as many people as many ways as possible about the Censorship.
Finally, we hope to arrange a protest against the Internet Censorshipâ€”not as Anonymous, but as Australian Citizens. Perhaps there will be more information on this later.
And again, we do NOT support the DDoS!
REALLY good commentary here regarding the attack, better than any of the stories.
Somebody think of the children
Further media reports here, mostly copypasta from the herald:
Sydney Morning Herald