After some (ongoing) planning in the thread for August 16th, We have come up with a number of the details for the next protest.
For August, our theme will be “Operation: Tax the Cult!” or, for a more Australian spin, “Operation: Tax the Bastards!”
The details for the protest are:
Date: August 16th
Meeting Location: Victoria Square (northern side, as per usual)
- Start At Victoria Square
- March down King William St
- Head down Waymouth St, and spend 1 hour and 5 minutes out the front of the Scientology building. (long enough to give the Security Guards an extra hour of pay :P)
- Continue down King William St
- Turn Right onto Rundle Mall
- Continue Down Rundle Mall and Rundle St
- Finish the march at Rymill Park
Things to bring to the next protest:
- Big ass banners and other signs if you took the time to make one of these before (the big 1s, the looong 1s, the sheet 1s, the 1s on poles, etc) it’d be so great to see them all flying again [thread]
- Petition (the same as before? or a tax-specific one? What about form letters for people to sign and post to their MP either then/later?)
- Party hard attitude; the lulz, the caek, the win, the confectionery! remember?
- Loud music; it has always been win but you can never have enough [thread]
- Handouts full of win: pamphlets, Gold InfoPack CD-ROMs, cards, badges + other viral marketing – Lots of great flyers, stickers and other media can be found in the August 16th Planning Thread
- YOU and your friends: In the City, Bustin teh Cultz
The standard fare for how the raids will progress and how to behave applies to this raid just as much as the others:- No Drugs, Alcohol, Weapons, Violence, Hateful speak/actions. Always follow road traffic rules, move out the way for foot traffic, only cross the road for the green man. If members of the group are stuck on the wrong side of the road, the rest of the group should stop and wait for them to catch up – you guys know how to behave, and I don’t expect any problems. The police as usual, will be following us for everybody’s safety.
Help us with the planning for this event by offering your comments and suggestions either here in the comments, or in this thread.